Thursday, September 06, 2007

Squares from envelopes!

I remember reading on another art blog about using the inside of envelopes in your art. Well, I've finally tried it. Here is a before picture. I've taken several envlopes and torn them open. I then glued them on a piece of paper for extra strength and then I used my square cutter to cut out 1" squares. I'll post a picture of the after over the weekend. There are many possible uses for the envelopes. They could also be used as a background for collage or ATC. If you try this out let me know. I'd love to see what you do with your envelopes.

1 comment:

Maggie Ann said...

What a good idea! the tiny prints and patterns are very appealing. A lady at our church made a folded 'star' for a card out of the inside of envelopes. I think I'll run downstairs right now and see if I see any possibilities by the desk. Fun!