Saturday, January 16, 2016

Civil War Scrapbook Pages

Below are my scrapbook pages for the Civil War reenactments we have attended over the past few years.    I have started with a cover page and then for each reenactment and battle field we have visited I have also made a title page.   

My husband Paul and I at our first reenactment as reenactors in full period clothes.  Cedar Creek 2013.   I just used scrapbook paper I had in my stash, stickers, die cuts, and the pink flowers I bought for the page to match my dress.

Just me in my period dress.      I used stamps, die cuts I purchased and just scrapbook paper I had available. 

My husband Paul in his new Period outfit.   Cedar Creek 2015.  I love this page.  I still need a title.


Me and my five Generals.   General Grant, General Jackson, General AP Hill, General Longstreet, and General Lee.   I love the mix of scrapbook paper and washi tape I used.  


These are the first pages did for the scrapbook album.   Die cuts were purchased at Forevermore Scrapbook store in Gettysburg PA.




Antietam 2012.   Clara Barton.    My thoughts behind this page was to do something old fashioned and elegant but period as well.   The background paper reminds me of a mattress.   The flowers were bought.   the letters where from my stash.  

Antietam 2012.  Our first battle reenactment.   We got bit by the bug at this one and it's been lots of fun to meet the people involved.

Showing one of my Battle title pages.   I bought a dozen pieces of that paper and then added the words, stars, etc myself.

A favorites page of Mr Getty as President Lincoln.   2014.  Mr. Getty passed away summer of 2015.


General Longstreet.   2014


I wanted to show the beautiful horses.    and I loved the quote I added.   a favorite page.


Photo at Cedar Creek 2015.   not much needs to be said.  

These photos were just awesome and needed their own page. 

These are the faces of the reenactors.   Takes you back in time.


And camp.    Lots of camp photos so more pages to come.





With these pages I used post cards, die cuts, and stickers.   The post cards fill in the page and add more to them.   I do have a Manassas title page.    



All photos taken by either myself or my husband.   
























1 comment:

cmb129 said...

Looks like lots of fun,I'm write you cause you seem to know a lot of American history I bought photo neg.from 1978 of a album front cover "Our General" inside "Davis and his officers,at Bull run,1861 any info that could help