Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New 1" squares & a new ATC

Ladies in Gray - Lia at Art Junk Girl says people are always asking her why she likes to do 1" squares. I can answer that question - Because they are FUN! For me its a quick way to create something and I like the up close feel of the pictures and words. They are quick and to the point. Try a few you might like it!




Unanswered Letters - Artist Trading Cards (ATC) are also FUN! They offer a little bigger area to work with but they can be quick and easy to make too! Both the ATC and squares offer a place to use up your scraps.



The lovely lady in this ATC was sent to me by Gail at Shabby Cottage Studio. I bought one of her pieces and she was kind enough to include a few goodies to use in my art. This is the first piece I've used and I think it turned out well.

4 comments:

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

So pretty Ann! I love the use of the gloves image with the button and text. Has a very "vintagey" feel about it. Great job! Thanks so much for metioning me on your blog, that was sweet.

Anonymous said...

oh, you are funny...I chuckled when I saw this.. yes, they are fun! I have to get back to making some today as I've been wrapped up in my doll quilt doings...lol...I think we live close to each other. we should have an artist date this summer! ~Lia

Maggie Ann said...

This is really beautiful!!! I love vintage.

Maggie Ann said...

Your 1" squares look like fun, I've never tried this yet.